Camille Munro, 23, is Miss World Canada 2013. In September 2013, Camille represented Canada at the 2013 Miss World Pageant in Bali, Indonesia. Camille finished 14th place overall and also placed 5th in the Talent Final portion of the competition out of 127 countries.
Camille is an Edge Agency Model and Actress whose credits include ‘Katy Perry’ California Dream Tour (2011), Saskatchewan Fashion Week (2012), Ten Tree Apparel (2013), and MAC Cosmetics Promo Ads (2014). Camille is also a Dance Instructor and a Level 1 Baton Twirling Judge, both provincially and nationally.
In June 2013, Camille received a Bachelor of Human Justice Degree from the University of Regina. Building on her undergraduate studies and her passion for social justice, Camille wishes to further pursue her education with a Master’s Degree in the Human Services field or complete a Law degree.
Since 2009, Camille has volunteered with ‘Dress for Success Regina’ and continues today to work closely with the organization. Through ‘Dress for Success Regina’, Camille is able to work alongside motivational women and together they strive to empower women by providing them with work appropriate attire and professional development skills so that they may become more economically independent.
Highlights of Camille Munro – Miss World Canada 2013 reign thus far include:
· Appearance at the 8th Annual Brian Jessel BMW Cabriolet Charity Gala, Vancouver, B.C.
· Appearance at the Scotiabank Festival King and Queen Competition and Show, Toronto, Ontario
· Appearance and Performance at the 2013 CanAm Dance Sports Gala, Toronto, Ontario
· Appearance at the 15th Annual Martin Luther King Celebration, Toronto, Ontario
· Appearance The 48th Annual ‘Show of Hearts’ Telethon for Variety the Children’s Charity, Vancouver, B.C
· Hostess of the first annual Regina Symphony Orchestra Red Carpet Oscars Party and co-hosted the Regina Symphony Orchestra Schumiatcher Pops The Oscars, Regina, SK
· Appearance at the first annual ‘Dreams Come True’ Royal Children’s Ball for the South Saskatchewan Cystic Fibrosis Chapter, Regina, SK
· Appearance and Performance at the UNESCO International Dance Day at the Continental Dance Club, Mississauga, Ontario
· Appearance at the Ontario Dancing Classrooms Final, Toronto, Ontario
Camille believes that volunteering and giving back to your community is an integral part of personal development and contributes to the overall betterment and well-being of society.
Camille feels privileged to wear the ‘Miss World Canada’ crown and is a woman who finds joy in being of service to her community. As a humanitarian, her work falls directly in line with the Miss World Canada mandate of ‘Beauty with a Purpose’.
Life in Saskatchewan
Camille became the first woman in 50 years from Saskatchewan to be named Miss World Canada in 2013 (although in 1963, the pageant was called Miss Dominion of Canada and was won by Jane Kmita of Regina).
Arts and Entertainment, Human Justice
Born 6 September 1990 in Regina Saskatchewan